Monday, July 27, 2009

Lightning...

This is going to be a short and sweet post! I felt like something needed to be said because our page was looking a little old!
I've recently decided that I am going to be a fan of the Tampa Bay Lightning... Enforcer knows the most about hockey and she approves so I figure it'll be okay! I don't know why I have decided this, but I figure we'll probably be watching them play the Pens in person at least once this year (hopefully) and I would like to know some things about them. For me, I have to become a fan before I know anything about anyone. It doesn't matter if it's a musician, actor, athlete, etc. I like to know a little bit about who I'm rooting for. Therefore, I'm working on becoming a fan of the Lightning. I think becoming a fan of an opposing team will help me learn more about the sport. It also gives me the chance to watch more TV! (Like I need another excuse.)
So... without further ado... the teams that have my attention:
1. Pittsburgh Penguins (they are number one in my heart)
2. Carolina Hurricanes (I'm a fan of the Staals... I'm sorry... and Carolina is close to home)
3. Tampa Bay Lightning (I don't know why... It just sounded good)
An Honorary Mention goes out to the Rangers... not because I'm a fan, but Enforcer would kill me if I didn't mention Marc Staal...
Speaking of lightning... I'm pretty sure it ran in on my computer at home. That's why I'm posting this blog from work. I have a great job, ay? Yeah... it's okay... but tomorrow is my last day anyway so I'm not that concerned aboot it!
Enforcer and I have decided that we need to make a series of posts dedicated to things we find related to hockey in the offseason... posts about how we spend our offseason thinking about hockey. Like the fact that I'm reading other hockey teams websites just because I'm caught up on all the Penguins news. That's material for another post though.
So... to sum things up... we can't wait for pre-season and we hope to be up and running a little better sometime in the near future so that we may be able to entertain ya'll!
Oh... and individual game tickets go on sale on September 12th, which just happens to be Enforcer's birthday! Kudos! Can't wait!
Until next time... peace, love & hockey!
XOXOXO
Go Penguins!
~Pansy (with love from Guardian, Enforcer & Slasher)

No comments:

Post a Comment