Thursday, July 9, 2009

Is It Time For Vacation Yet?

I'm sorry we're not on top of this. We're not good with this whole blogging thing. I don't know where people find the time to do this everyday. We barely get one done once a week, and that's because I do most of the writing. I try to get the other three to blog, but they apparently don't think you all would be as entertained if they wrote. I disagree. I think they would do great. Anyway, we leave on vacation on Sunday! Thank you Jesus! This has been the longest work week ever. I'm ready for Hockey Day. Less than a week now.

In other news... we slack. We didn't write up a huge goodbye speech to Rob Scuderi like we did for Hal Gill. Scuderi will be missed just as much though. We loved screaming his name during hockey games! It is such a fun name to yell. You can say it tons of different ways. (Well, we can anyway, being from the South and all.) You can draw it out like we do with our long southern drawls... Scoooderi. Or say it real fast Scdri. Or just regular I guess, Scuderi. Any way you say it, it's fun, and it will be missed. :( Scuderi was there from our beginning. As I've said before, Guardian, Slasher and I just picked up on this hockey thing at the end of the regular season so we're still learning. The 2009 Stanley Cup Champions are our team. We'll always remember them as our first team. And Scuderi and Gill were a part of that. We're going to really miss them. But life goes on... and so does hockey. Good Luck Guys!

Anyway...
WELCOME BACK FEZ!!!

Although we're sad to report the goodbyes, we're HAPPY to report the returns. Ruslan Fedotenko has re-signed with the Penguins and we love it! We've decided since his last name is so long we'll just call him Fez. It works, right? I, personally, am excited aboot his return because that means I get to hear Guardian say (every time Fez is mentioned): "Hey, did you know his name's in a song? Want me to sing it for you? I see a little silhouetto of a man, Scaramouche,scaramouche will you do the Fandango? Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me-Galileo,galileo,Galileo galileo, Galileo figaro-magnifico" I guess you would have to be sitting next to her during every game to appreciate her singing.

We've discovered the latest video of some of the Penguins in the offseason. We wish Tyler Kennedy and Kris Letang worked at our news stations. We would try to get jobs there. I would go back to school for that opportunity! ;)

And don't forget to check out the Penguins Stanley Cup adventures. Tyler Kennedy was the first one to spend some time with Lord Stanley. Apparently he and his friends really enjoy Boston Pizza.

We enjoy this!

Philipe Boucher also got his turn with the cup. He celebrated with cheesecake. Smart man!

As far as everything else goes... it's good. Life is good. We've had bible school this week at our church so we haven't got much accomplished.

We leave for the beach on Sunday. I think we're leaving at like... 4:00 AM!!! Aunt Moose says she'll take first shift driving in our vehicle though. I think she just wants to spend extra time with us... or she wants to really drive my car one! :) We can't wait though. We've been counting down the days! It's going to be lots of fun! We'll try to post pictures when we get back. If Slasher takes the pooter (computer), we may post on Hockey Day. It'll be a time for celebration! Ha ha.

We hope all of you had a wonderful 4th of July! We sure did. We had over $300 worth of fireworks. Boomsday has nothing on us. Slasher and Guardian's brother Josh, our other cousin Doug, and myself blew up a cinder block. Accidentally, of course. Talk about a bunch of rednecks... we sure acted like it. That's a tale for another day though.

Not just on the holidays, but everyday... please remember our troops! They sacrifice their lives so that we may enjoy ours.

Until we meet again... peace, love & hockey!

XOXOXO

~Pansy (with love from Guardian, Enforcer & Slasher)

No comments:

Post a Comment